Playathon Feb. 9, 2013
Join us for a day-long musical showcase of ESYO ensembles as they perform at Crossgates Mall for the pleasure of shoppers and passers-by. You’ll hear jazz groups, full orchestras, string groups, a wind-instrument orchestra, and percussion groups! And it is all FREE!
In addition to the music, the day will feature:
- Auctions to win the conductor’s baton and lead an orchestra in a familiar tune! It’s fun and easy!
- Musical Petting Zoo, courtesy of John Keal Music, where the young and young-at-heart can try out a variety of instruments including trumpets and trombones, clarinets and flutes, violins and cellos!
- Celebrity emcees!
- 12:00 – 12:45 – Percussion Ensembles1:00 – 1:25 – City Instruments
1:35 – 2:00 – String Ensemble
2:15 – 2:50 – Wind Orchestra – Auction
3:00 – 3:30 – Youth Orchestra – Auction
3:35 – 4:00 – Rep Orchestra – Auction
4:05 – 4:30 – Youth Orchestra – Auction
4:40 – 5:00 – Rep Jazz Ens.
5:05 – 5:30 – Youth Jazz Ens.
5:40 – 6:00 – Rep Orchestra – Auction
6:05 – 6:30 – Youth Orchestra – Auction
- Throughout the day at other locations in the mall: performances by small groups of ESYO musicians
Can’t come to Playathon but want to help? Your gifts will help support ESYO’s programs including . . .
- City Instruments – our program of free, private music lessons for low-income students in Albany and Schenectady
- Tuition Assistance – our program that helps young musicians who are eligible to join ESYO pay for the program’s tuition
Secure, on-line donations may be made by clicking the “Buy Now” button and charging your gift using your credit card or PayPal account. Please note, you don’t have to have a PayPal account – PayPal will just process your credit card like any other online transaction.
or send a check, payable to ESYO, to:
ESYO at Proctors Theatre
432 State St.
Schenectady, NY 12305
Playathon 2012 was a GREAT success!
The efforts of musicians, conductors, parent volunteers, celebrity emcees, board members, and staff resulted in a successful day of fundraising and friendraising! Click here to see pictures from Playathon 2012.
We exceeded our goal of $15,000 and actually raised $16,500 from the combination of donations collected before and during Playathon, proceeds from auctions to win the conductors’ batons, and sales of ESYO merchandise.
Many youngsters (and a few young-at-heart adults) had a great time trying out different instruments at the musical petting zoo brought to Playathon by John Keal Music Co. The zoo has been a staple of ESYO’s Playathon for years. Many more photos in our Playathon 2012 album on our Facebook page.
Many thanks to everyone who made the day such a success!